People can have many concerns and questions around Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) and we will try to answer your questions and provide you with the support you need where required.
You can access support from us in the following ways:
- Drop-in and ask to speak to a support worker
- Confidential helpline – during office hours 061 316661
- E-mail support – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our staff have worked for a number of years in the area of sexual health, have a broad range of experience, knowledge and skills and have provided many different types of support.
Examples of different types of support we have provided in the past include:
- Booking STI appointments for people
- Information and education around specific STI’s
- Accompanying people to STI Clinic for testing and results
- Support after receiving results
- Working through who needs to know your test results
- Working through how to tell a partner/others about a result
- Counselling for issues around testing and/or results
- Information and support to deal with ongoing issues arising from STI’s
- Working through how to talk to a doctor about medical issues arising from an STI
- Referrals to other agencies who may be appropriate
We work in the Mid-West of Ireland covering counties Limerick, Clare and Tipperary North. If you are being tested in another area of the country you are still welcome to use our e-mail support or confidential helpline but we may refer you to a similar agency nearer to you.