The dictionary defines sex as feelings or behaviour resulting from the urge to gratify the sexual instinct.
Whilst this definition is accurate, it does not fully describe sex. Sex is a very small word that is used to describe a wide and varied range of feelings and activities, but people use the word sex as if we all share the same meaning. Each person thinks of, and experiences, sex differently; each sexual encounter is a different experience.
You are born with a sexuality, and that may change throughout your life depending on whether you have sex, how you have sex, and who you have sex with. How you express yourself sexually, is your sexuality.
Who you express your sexuality with is often determined by your sexual orientation. Only you can decide what your sexual orientation is and whether you choose to use a label; some people like to use a label while others don’t.
Below you will find sexual definitions with brief explanations, this list is not exhaustive.
- Vaginal Penetration – entering a vagina with a penis, sex toy, finger(s), fist etc.
- Anal Penetration: – entering an anus with a penis, sex toy, finger(s), fist etc.
- Digital Penetration – specifically entering a person’s body with fingers (Fingering)
- Penile Penetration – specifically entering a person’s body with a penis
- Cunnilingus – using your mouth on a vagina and/or clitoris
- Felatio – using your mouth on a penis
- Analingus – using your mouth on an anus (rimming)
Female Masturbation/Wanking – touching/rubbing your body in a combination which pleases you sexually
- Clitoral Stimulation – touching/rubbing the sensitive node (clit) located above a vaginal opening
- Vaginal Stimulation – touching/rubbing your vagina in a way that pleases you
Male Masturbation/Wanking – touching/rubbing your body in a combination which pleases you sexually
- Penile Stimulation – touching/rubbing your penis/testicles in a way that pleases you
Mutual Masturbation/Wanking – two people wanking together or two people wanking each other at the same time
Sex Toys – used to further the sexual excitement and stimulation of a person. These may be purchased, made or adapted for the purpose.
- Vibrator – a sex toy with a motor inside that when switched on may vibrate, rotate or gyrate designed for penetration
- Dildo – a non vibrating sex toy designed for penetration which can be made from many materials
- Phallic Shaped Objects – other items can be used as dildo replacements such as vegetables
- Clitoral Vibrator – a sex toy with a motor inside that when switched on will vibrate, rotate or gyrate designed for the rubbing on or around the clit
- Male Masturbator – a sex toy designed to replicate a vagina/anus which is used for penetration
- Inflatable Toys – a sex toy which inflates into various shaped objects to be used for penetration
- Strap On – a penile shaped sex toy that is attached to a harness and worn on a person’s hips, enabling them to penetrate someone else with it
- Chin Strap – a penile shaped sex toy that is attached to a harness and worn on a chin, enabling someone to penetrate and give oral sex at the same time
- Thigh Strap – a penile shaped sex toy that is attached to a harness and worn on a thigh
Fisting – using the whole hand to enter a vagina or anus
Tribidism – rubbing the clitoris on the thigh of a person whilst they are doing the same on your thigh
Sexual Voyeurism – enjoying watching another person doing sexual things, either to themselves or others
Feltching – when a person comes into a vagina, mouth, ear, nose, anus, and the cum is then sucked out again
Rainbow Kisses – when a person takes a person’s cum into their mouth and passes it back to the person’s own mouth
Orgasm/Cumming – release after a build up of stimulation or emotional intensity. Each person experiences orgasm differently
Cum – the wetness in the vagina when the person is sexually aroused, especially during orgasm and the fluid that carries semen, released from the penis
Female Ejaculation – the release of fluid from the vagina, this fluid is stored in the para-urethral gland and can be a small or large amount (an external orgasm)
Male Ejaculation – the release of fluid from the penis, this fluid is stored in the testicles and carries semen (an external orgasm)