The LGBTI+ National Youth Strategy states that organisations should be addressing the following areas
• Discrimination, victimisation, stigmatisation, and abuse
• Bullying and harassment in school, colleges, workplaces, and the community
• Difficulties coming out to families and communities
• Limited understanding by professional service providers and broader society of LGBTI+ issues
• Mental, physical, and sexual health challenges
As part of this GOSHH are providing a training day for professionals who work with LGBTI Young People.
December 4 – Abbey Court Hotel Nenagh, County Tipperary – Book here
December 6 – Hotel Woodstock, Ennis, County Clare – Book here
December 7 – Longcourt House Hotel, Newcastlewest, County Limerick – Book here
The aim of the workshop is to support professionals working with young people to:
– build confidence to facilitate LGBTI+ discussions
– increase capacity to support service users who identify as LGBTI+
– adhere to best practice guidelines and policies
– explore what homophobic behaviour and bullying look like and how to support individuals in this situation.
– map the current levels of trans and homophobic bullying.
Each workshop provided by GOSHH. For more information on the event please contact Patrick McElligott, LGBT Support Project Worker 061 314354 or email@example.com
Please note that this event is for professionals working with LGBTI Young People only – if you are not working with LGBTI Young People your booking may be cancelled.
9.30am – Registration
10.00am – Event Start
11.15 – Coffee Break
13.00 – Lunch
14.00 – Afternoon Session Starts
15.15 – Coffee Break
17.00 – Event Ends